We are here to help.
Our firm is proud to partner with the community in both good and bad times. If you are a non-profit or business without the resources to guide you through this process, we are here to help with questions. Please reach out so you can navigate the tax changes and government program resources.
Rev. Proc. 2020-22 – This addresses the procedures to make or withdraw a 163j election.
Rev. Proc 202-25 – This addresses the procedures to change depreciation for Qualified Improvement Property.
The Status of Your $1,200 Check
Did you see a “payment status not available” message?
A lot of people are inexplicably getting a “payment status not available” even if they entered accurate info. The IRS has this explanation:
The Get My Payment application will return “Payment Status Not Available” for several reasons, including:
- You are required to file a tax return, but:
- We haven’t finished processing your 2019 return
- The application doesn’t yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
- You don’t usually file a return, and:
- You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
- You receive SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
- You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).
If you receive “Payment Status Not Available”, you will not be able to provide direct deposit information at this time. We’re working on updates to allow more people to use this feature.
We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.